Get ready for the ride of a lifetime. Prepare yourself for a tough but awe-inspiring 3 day ride through the Brecon Beacons.
Please don’t bring valuables to the Black Mountains 3 Day. Bearded Man takes no responsibility for any loss or damage to riders’ belongings.
Riding and camping equipment
We’ve got details on the riding gear that’s compulsory to have and the riding gear we recommend you take along. We have also got information about the camping gear you will need to ensure your stay in the tented village is as comfortable as possible.
Compulsory riding gear
- Mountain bike in good working order suitable for 200km+ of tough terrain
- Water bottles or hydration pack to carry between 1.5 and 3 litres of water/energy drink to sustain a rider for at least 45km of hard riding
- Multi-function bike tool
- A bike jacket that is warm (if the weather is changeable or unsettled riders will be checked to ensure they carry a warm jacket)
- Bike puncture repair kit including at least one spare tube and a pump
- Space blanket and whistle (if the weather is changeable or unsettled riders will be checked to ensure they carry these safety products)
Recommended riding gear
- Bike computer and/or heart rate monitor
- A GPS – Bearded Man will supply the .gpx files before the event.
- Additional bike consumables (brake pads, extra tubes, any specialised bike parts i.e. derailer hangers etc)
- Race nutrition to supplement feed station nutrition
Required camping gear
- Sleeping bag suitable for Wales in July
- Sleeping mat or mattress
- Personal toiletries
- Casual clothes
- Personal medication (e.g. antihistamines)
Optional Camping Gear
- Cable ties
- Ziplock bags
- Ear plugs